For employees clocking in and out using WorkForce Link, you can assign their times to specific cost centers on their timesheet, but you may want to automatically distribute their time based on set percentages. An example of this would be an employee who should be split 50% to Marketing, 25% to Sales Support, and 25% to General Administration as opposed to an employee who clocks in on Monday to Sales Support, then when finished with that task after lunch clocks in to Marketing to work on those tasks for the rest of the day.
To set this up, you will need a labor distribution profile for this employee and to block the cost center from coming from their timesheet into payroll and overriding the labor distribution profile.
1. Labor Distribution Profile
- Go to Company Settings > Profiles/Policies > Labor Distribution, click Add New Profile
- Assign a name and set the Earnings List (generally includes all earnings unless there is an earning you don't want to distribute)
- Add rows for the allocation percent to each cost center
- Save and assign the profile to applicable employees.
2. Pay Prep Profile (block cost centers from overriding the labor distribution profile)
- Go to Company Settings > Profiles/Policies > Pay Prep and either edit the existing profile (if you don't want any employee cost centers to transfer from timesheets to pay statements) or clone the existing profile to create a new profile.
- Edit the Counter: Export Counters section, and select Clear for the cost center settings.
- If a new profile was created, assign it to applicable employees.